Saturday, March 30, 2013

Birthday Outfit

It's my birthday and I made a new outfit, happy birthday to me!

I used New Look 6808 for the top, I thought I should keep it simple given the loud print.  I absolutely love the fabric for this top, so bright and pretty, not usually my colours but the instant fabric crush was too strong not to make something for myself.  I've posted this photo on this blog before, but here's another closeup because it's just so darn pretty.




I used cotton sateen for the skirt, it's so lovely and heavy and holds the gathers so well.


I've had a lot of sewing time recently so also managed to whip up a top for my nephew's 1st birthday on Monday, it's kind of awesome even if I do say so myself...


15 comments:

  1. Ooh, love that fabric for the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  2. Very cute outfit! And the Star Wars shirt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle, so much quicker to make things in teeny tiny sizes!

      Delete
  3. Two things that need to be addressed:
    1. Your blouse is gorgeous and that fabric is stunning. Love it!
    2. Best. Star Wars. Shirt. Ever. You must have gotten a whole bunch of awesome auntie points for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, awesome fabric overload!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, hurry up and release your pattern the suspense is killing me!

      Delete
  5. love the fabric! pretty blouse. I think you live in the uk and wanted to know where you ordered the simplicity 1609 pattern from? Really want to start a serwalong with that pattern on my blog but cant seem to find a uk seller for it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find it anywhere either! I don't think it's been released in Australia yet, I've been into a few stores and they haven't even heard of it. You can buy it from simplicity online, or patternreview but then there are shipping fees, simplicity have the option to print it out, I think they must be waiting for change of season...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emailed a pattern shop online they said it ll come out on the 9th of may!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric, it's gorgeous! And the top fits you so well, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm an avid We Sew Retro fan and love everything you put up there :)

      Delete
  9. Really sweet blouse! The fabric is adorable! Just discovered your blog. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love! Want that shirt for Jarvis! Your nephew is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete