Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Simplicity 2444



This is still my favourite self made item, I think it's all that lovely mustard, mixed with the retro style of the dress, I just think it's the bees knees.

Here is my faithful sewing partner Monnie, helping me weigh down my pattern pieces ready for cutting.  She's so tiny in this photo, she's all grown up now.  But I must refrain from turning this blog into a crazy cat lady blog, it would just be too easy.

I loved this pattern I've heard a lot of people say the Project Runway instructions can be a bit scattered but I didn't have a problem with it, I found them very clear and straight forward.


Here is a close up of the lovely collar detail halfway through sewing, so pretty.


Here I'm wearing it with my trusty crinoline again.

Here is a picture without the crinoline taken at mine and Luke's 10 year anniversary last year, we had an extremely fancy degustation at The Buffalo Club, it was very special.  The lighting in my house is terrible as you can see.

Such a beautiful pattern and beautiful dress, if I do say so myself! I'm going to make it again in the  version with the stand up collar and sleeves, in this heavy vintage style fabric from Spotlight shown below.  I think I need to find a chocolate brown velvet ribbon to make a belt, and bind the sleeves with said ribbon.  In my head it looks so perfect..


7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress and colour. Love the new fabric too. And the picture of Monnie helping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great - I found your blog over at we sew retro - the crinoline really shows off the skirt.
    My cat Austin is my constant sewing buddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I popped over from SewRetro! Love the style and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lonnie! Terrific dress! I saw your post over at SewRetro and wanted to pop over to say great job. And what a cute pattern weight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your lovely feedback! I'm pretty sure anything made in this fabric would look great, it's the star of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress. The fabric (colour and print) is great.
    My cat plants herself on top of any fabric as soon as it comes out. So funny and sooooo predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I've seen your blog through Scruffy Badger and this dress is gorgeous! Love all your makes actually, so glad to find you!

    ReplyDelete